Saturday, November 13, 2010

Interim Post

This is not my birthday post, that's coming later, but I just had to post the back copy matter for what is possibly my next novel  (God willing and the creek don't rise).


The novel is on the desk of a publisher as I type, and I have high hopes for it.  Here's the summary I wrote up:


Long Under Darkness concerns the longest day of Bobby Dickinson's life.   When he wakes up one fine summer morning at the Jersey shore, all he wants is to survive the most boring vacation ever with his new wife and her parents.  By the time the day is over, it will be all he can do to survive period.  Bobby, and the entire human race, is now caught in the crossfire in a war between old gods and new, where belief is a bullet and genocide a way to even the arms race.  Faced by savage sea monsters on one side and murderous angels on the other, the bloodletting wrath of Loki and the last pagan gods behind him and the righteous fury of Metatron and the armies of heaven before him, survival is the only thing on Bobby Dickinson's mind.  But it will fall to him to be the most unlikely savior humanity ever had . . . with a little help from a certain Prince of Darkness.


I just reread that this morning, and it had me grinning ear to ear.  Man, I gotta tell ya'll, there are times when I'm convinced that making stuff up for fun and profit is the best drug anyone ever cooked up.   I love my weird little Pirates of the Carribean meets Dogma meets Godzilla novel.  And the fact that someone might pay actual coin for it?  Who says this ain't the best of all possible worlds?


So, fingers crossed.   This one's got a chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment